Friday, July 11, 2008

Note to Audience

My hope with this blog is to start conversations and see who bites. My initial post was a huge success at this mostly because I was emailing people who hadn't heard from me in ages. Still, as the year goes by I would invite each of you to see this as an opening, an opening to email/call/talk to me (Even if we haven't talked in ages, even if it has been six months and you think Texas has changed me, even if you think it might be awkward at first). Because as everyone reading this blog should know, I love to talk and I don't think it is ever too late for re-connections.

I also hope to put a high level of my self into this blog. So far I have done very little self-editing which may make my sentence structure a bit rough and cause dyslexia inspired typos.
I have decided that I like these imperfections. That is me, sacrificing perfection for accessibility. Furthermore, my lack of self-editing will go beyond sentence structure, the lack of editing is most important in regard to ideas. I want this place to be somewhere that will function as an outlet, not as a place where I have to put forth an image. This is why I am refusing to make this an event list. What goes along with this lack of constructed persona is that you may see sides of me that you don't yet know. I wish that I could claim that every aspect of me is equally apparent at all times, to all people, but this would be a lie. So do not be too shocked it you find out something new... in fact I hope you do find out new things about me. But in exchange for all of the me you get to see, please show me more about who you are back... relationships are two sided and even if you keep knowing me while I am in Texas, you have to participate to keep me knowing you.

LOVE.

3 comments:

free2fly said...

Hey Rachel :)

I think starting a blog is a brilliant idea. I like reading blogs and will definitely keep an eye on that one.

Cheers.

Dan Lewis said...

"My hope with this blog is to start conversations and see who bites."

Guilty as charged. So I'm adding myself to The Bites List.

Here's an old clip of The Lame List. Probably before your time. The dude with the beard was in Soundgarden.

We had to leave the Corolla at the dealer over the weekend, but an old guy dropped it off this morning. The only thing weirder than driving our new car is driving that car. Strange how foreign it already seems!

Sarah is cleaning it out as we speak. Alex is watching The Wiggles and I am talking to you over the internet.

Sarah and I have been enjoying The Office (US). We finally started watching them through Netflix and we've been completely riveted. We watched 12 episodes on Saturday (finishing Season 2 and starting Season 3).

Sara T said...

WHERE IS YOUR NEXT POST?!