Thursday, February 5, 2009

Things are going Awesome

I am going to say something that I don't think that I have said since I came to Texas... things are going awesome. And this is going to sound weird by I think it is partially because of a few new years resolutions that I made and have stuck with. Resolutions work for me because I have an amazing will. Some of you may not know this about me, but if I can convince myself something will work, then it does usually it is fantastic. I literally willed myself to jog 12.4 miles once with no training except running twice a month the 3 months prior. But the fact that my resolutions had to do with God probably helped.

One of my more successful resolutions has been to have a quiet time every night before I go to bed. It is amazing. What previously felt like a chore that I intermittantly tried to perform throughout my life now is something that I look forward to. And what is crazier is that it is not a story based devotional, but instead it is more textbook-like, collected essays and related Bible passages. It is sweet, I am not getting bored and I have no idea what I am going to do when I finally do finish up the book. Maybe there is a sequel.

The other one that is working out amazing for me is being supportive of my boss. Now I know that that probably sounds like a no brainer, but if you have been keeping up on this lovely blog you should understand a little of why I was resistant. For a long time it felt like my boss was judging the ministry rather than running it, and I hated that. I disliked that he had the ability to quash it with the drop of a word making everything that I have been pouring my heart into all year end. But I wasn't helping keep it around by being an opponent. So this semester I decided that I had to roll with his decisions. Early on he informed John and I that it was a real possibility that they would hand off the ministries to Intervarsity (a national para-chruch group that does only college ministry) and wash their hands of it, which initially pissed me off. Last semester I would have been totally alienated from my boss and I would have probably harmed the situation more than I helped it. But luckily God had gotten around to talking to me on break, and I decided that if these college ministries were going to be taken further from my control than I would like next year, that I would try and make this transition smooth. I went forth and supported my director while he was making this decision and we found out last week that they are definitely going to keep both ministries, and not give them away to Intervarsity. This makes me happier than I can say.

I just tried and I honestly can't think of something that is going badly right now, more is going good, but those are some of the highlights. Soon enough I will put pictures on this blog, but I figure keeping away the visuals keeps my words valuable.

LOVE.

2 comments:

Sara T said...

I'm so glad things are going well!

Linnellie said...

Yay! I'm glad everything is going so well! It's amazing how a different attitude can change everything. :) Take care.