Friday, September 19, 2008

Allison is Coming!

So, since I left I have been trying to convince Allison to come over. I persisted in this because it was comforting and Allison made the mistake of saying that she was willing to fly herself out here. Because of Allison I had a small background hope that she might come and see me while I am here. But tonight Allison called me and checked if I would be able to pick her up if she took a red eye to San Antonio, which I enthusiastically affirmed. She is currently thinking of coming down on October 16th. That is less than one month from this current date! I couldn't stop from telling her how happy I am that she is going to come. She is still figuring out the details of who will take her and pick her up from the airport, but I am sure it will pan out. She is even willing to have a layover, and Allison hates layovers! Isn't she wonderful?

Now I need to start making plans. I told her that I would save the tourist traps like the Alamo for me and her to do together. And while I was talking to her on the phone I realized that one of my "things-to-do-while-I'm-in-Texas" (there is a growing list) could be done while she is here... We can go skydiving! In Seattle such a leap could cost around a thousand bucks, but in Texas skydiving costs about $100. Allison would prefer bungy jumping, but she is willing because of the super low cost to bump bungy jumping up on the list.

I cannot say how thrilled I am to be visited. I know that my last post did not portray a deep love of Texas/the move in general, but since then I have had an amazing amount of support come in from all sides... from Seattle and in Texas. Things have taken an up-swing. I got a permanent home (complete with maid and swimming pool). The fire and the well have been going awesome. I love the core group that I am leading. The parental unit is flying me home to Seattle for Christmas, and now Allison is coming to Texas and is willing to consider skydiving with me!

Perhaps this skydiving information will inspire other visitors as well :).

No comments: